Site News Archive
- October 15, 2002 - I've created another copy of this site
at a new address: http://www.wideopenwest.com/~kdjones74
. Please use this address in the future, because the others may not work properly.
- August 11, 2002 - I found a piece of VIC-20
software, in the original box, at a local thrift store. I can't load it
on my VIC-20, but I couldn't resist the 90 cent price.
- August 7, 2002 - I added several photos of the King's Quest
I manual, per a visitor's request. They can be seen here.
- July 22, 2002 - A friend has loaned the museum one of the
coolest (if not THE coolest) computers ever made -- a fully functional NeXT
CUBE! More information and photos to come
- June 1, 2002 - I found a complete Atari 800 with lots of
accessories and software at a local church rummage sale! I got the computer,
floppy disk drive, a couple dozen games, all of the necessary cables, and
7 joysticks all for $10!
- May 11, 2002 - I found a Power Mac 7100/66 at a local thrift
store for $5! They also had a Mac IIcx for $12 and a Quadra 800 for $150 with
a large monitor. (They don't know how to price, do they?)
- February 24, 2002 - I added photos of a TRS-80 Model 100
that I picked up recently. Very cool little laptop.
- January 12, 2002 - I added some very good information about
the Commodore 64 provided by a site
- January 11, 2002 - This site is becoming more popular! I
have gotten warnings from Yahoo! that this site will not be available if the
bandwidth reaches a certain limit. If you get this error, just check out my
backup copy of this site served up on the Acer Pentium 60. The address is
- November 24, 2001 - I have added several pieces to the museum
since the last update: an Apple PowerMac 9500, a TRS-80 Color Computer I,
an Apple LC 575, and an Apple PowerMac 5200/75.
- September 9, 2001 - I added photos of the Model 4.
- September 8, 2001 - I found a TRS-80 Model 4P at a local
thrift store. It doesn't seem to be in working order though.
- September 4, 2001 - I added photos of the Acer Pentium and
the Apple IIc.
- September 3, 2001 - A busy Labor Day! I installed Linux
on the recently donated Acer PC and it is now hosting a copy of this web site
I also found an Apple IIc at the local Goodwill!
- August 24, 2001 - An ACER PC was donated to the museum.
I plan to upgrade a few components and see how it handles Linux.
- July 1, 2001 - I posted some photos of the Mac 512k.
- June 30, 2001 - I found a Mac 512k in a local thrift shop
for $5! I am still in the hunt for an original Mac.
- April 22, 2001 - I added information about the MC-10.
- April 21, 2001 - I hit the jackpot at a local Goodwill!
I picked up a TRS-80 MC-10 (Micro Color Computer), a Tandy CM-8 monitor to
replace my damaged one and an extra Mac keyboard. All for $8! Photos will
follow within a couple of days.
- February 4, 2001 - Added photos and information about my
LC550. I also added photos of the inside of the SE30.
- August 27, 2000 - Found a working Commodore 64 and 1541
Floppy Disk Drive at a local thrift store!
- August 26, 2000 - Added an entry for several Apple keyboards
and a set of Apple Design Powered Speakers. Information will follow.
- August 23, 2000 - Added a page on the Apple Power CD, a
very interesting peripheral
- August 21, 2000 - Added some links. Added Apple PowerCD,
Global Village Modems to peripheral area, more info to follow.
- August 19, 2000 - Added the Feedback section, and the LC
III -- a recent donation (Thanks Pat)!
- August 6, 2000 - Added information for the Mac II, Tandy
CoCo2, the 486s, books, and software sections
- August 5, 2000 - Added more photos and machine information.
- July 16, 2000 - Added links, a counter, and more computers.
- May 11, 2000 - Added more photos and information; lots of
- May 7, 2000 - Added some information
about the Tandy CoCo 3; added photos for CoCo3, 1500HD and Mac SE/30.
- March 27, 2000 - Added information to the Collection pages.
I also added photos from other web sources -- hopefully I will be able to
add photos of my own machines soon.
- March 25, 2000 - Launched this site. I hope to add photos
of my collection soon, just waiting for the film to return.
Please send any comments or suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.