Welcome to my Web computer museum. This site is comprised of
information about my own computer collection, that was started in 1984 with
a Commodore Vic 20. Until 1999, I only had machines that I had used for some
time as my primary machine (usually 3-4 years), now I have machines that I picked
up because of their vintage "value" to me.
- October 1, 2017 - Yes! This site still exists. I've hosted this website from the start (March 2000) on a server in my home. I've upgraded the hardware I've used to host it over the years (at one point I even had a copy running on Pentium60 with Linux installed), but this time I did the big upgrade. I moved the whole site to Microsoft's Azure.
- May 2nd, 2009 - I've added a page about the Power Mac G4 which I just retired from family duty. (It was replaced by a Mac Mini)
- December 20, 2008 - I've added a page detailing Apple's all in one Mac designs over the years.
- June 15, 2007 - I've added a copy of the 1983 TRS-80 Radio Shack Computer Catalog. I bought it on eBay and scanned in all the pages.
- August 27, 2006 - I added information about the Kodak Diconix 150 printer.
- August 27, 2006 - I've given away quite a few machines in my museum, keeping most of the machines from the 1980s and kept just a couple of Macs. I've also taken in a few machines since I last updated this site and I'm hoping to have their information on it soon.
- November 26, 2005 - I've added some photos of the Mac 512k along with a 30 second video of it booting up.
- June 12, 2005 - I've decided to clean out my museum by giving away most of my collection to good homes. If you are interested, send me an email detailing what you are interested in. I will accept Paypal for the shipping (I'm not going to be charging more than the actual shipping costs.)
- February 11, 2005 - I've changed this website a little by adding Google ads. Please check out the ads and if anything sounds interesting, click on it.
September 1, 2004 - I've added some photos of my
game for the CoCo3, at the request of a visitor.
August 2004 - I've decided to down size my collection. I
just don't have room for some of the collection anymore. I've sold my
and my friend sold his NeXT Cube,
which he had loaned me for th museum.
April 2003 - I bought an HP Vectra Pentium III/550. I'll
be posting info about this machine, which I'm using as a web server.
March 2003 - I bought an Apple Newton Message Pad 120 from
eBay! It's very cool. I'll be posting photos and info soon.
October 15, 2002 - I've created another copy of this site
at a new address: http://www.wideopenwest.com/~kdjones74
. Please use this address in the future, because the others may not work properly.
August 11, 2002 - I found a piece of
, in the original box, at a local thrift store. I can't load it
on my VIC-20, but I couldn't resist the 90 cent price.
August 7, 2002 - I added several photos of the King's Quest
I manual, per a visitor's request. They can be seen here.
- More news from the archive...
Books, magazines, peripherals, and miscellaneous
Extremely informative site, covering all
old Macs and updated every few days, if not daily. Check out the mailing
lists for good discussions and most likely the answers to your questions.
||This site started me on my path.
||Classic video game coming back.
Information about every Macintosh every made. It is a nice
||A nice site dedicated to the TRS-80s (Tandy Radio Shack)
Please send any comments or suggestions to email@example.com.